Activity Feed - Books by White Feather - White Feather Magazine - White Feather Blog
Mumbo Jumbo - 1. An object or idol believed to have supernatural powers, 2. An
obscure ritual or incantation, 3. Confusing or meaningless activity or language.
Follow White Feather Here

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Sun Worshipers


The sun has moved from one side of the room to the other. The cat, an avid sun-worshipper, has followed the sun's movement these last few months, her "special place" moving with the sun. To watch a cat sit in the sun, absorbing the energy, I cannot help but want to do the same. Like my cat, I partake of this elixir with abandon. No room is constantly the same. It changes with the shafts of sun coming through its windows. Does our perception of the room change as the sun moves?

I would like to move my "special place" with the changing shafts of sunlight coming through my windows but moving my desk every few weeks is not a very practical thing. My desk slowly moving back and forth across the room would be a Feng Shui nightmare. Perhaps stationary, the desk serves as a ballast or maybe it is the fulcrum null point upon which the solar see-saw sits.

Once the sun has set and night time has commenced, the cat's "special place" becomes my lap as I sit at my stationary desk. It is a place where she can bask in a different kind of warmth. In the winter time I especially appreciate her warmth as well--even as little as it might be. We sun-worshipers tend to stick together.

Copyright © 2007, by White Feather. All Rights Reserved.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Labels: ,